Wanna be nomad
Finding suitable affordable housing in the Netherlands that is close to public transport is more difficult than difficult. So, since I like to travel, I decided to travel permanently without a permanent residence. I read myself well in about the nomad phenomenon, but only practice can tell you if you are suitable for it. Well, like that military advertisement, I am unsuitable for it. And for the following reasons:
- I always have trouble finding new living space. Requirements it must be cheap, connect to the previous rental period and be close to public transport.
- I only managed to get a letter address for 3 months after which the municipality refused to give me one again and I couldn’t find anyone else whose address I could use as a letter address. It is legal tug-of-war with the municipality. They prefer not to provide letter addresses.
- It is difficult to find a new place all the time. It is a crime to find a new place to live. What is fun for traveling is less fun for living.
- You spend a lot of time looking for a new home
- You have to get out after a fixed period if you are going to rent anti-squat or temporarily.
I lasted three years and my range in the Netherlands moved further and further away from Utrecht, so I now live in Eindhoven and Utrecht is terrible far. My mission is to make a home exchange back to Utrecht / Amsterdam and the surrounding area. And then live there for a long time and enjoy traveling in between. I give up that fiddling with housing, but not that fiddling with traveling.
Share this post
Guest interview: ‘Het verhaal van Guiselaine: Dromen zijn er om te doen’ met Apgen. Share this post Share on facebook Share on google Share on twitter
Guest interview with me on PsychoseNet about mental health, life as digital nomad and recovery. Share this post Share on facebook Share on google Share
Six lock down habbites In this article in Dutch and English my tweet was used. Six download habbits die we ooit zullen missen uit het
Digital Nomad course in Dutch with the vrije meid After building the app Reality keeper. We tried to get it into the market, but