1st quarter 2020
The first quarter of 2020 started with me as a digital nomad working on Curaçao. That means a lot of work on own projects such as my website and digital cleaning. Besides of course enjoying the sun and company of my family. There were also three paying assignments, namely:
- Check Laudius Big Data course homework. This is a course that I developed in collaboration for Laudius in which the basis of Big Data is explained. Students can choose to hand in their homework and then I or the other teacher will check it.
- A website of my former colleague that was pulled out of the dust.
- Coding a question in a French survey. in emotions
- Coding a Dutch questionnaire about emotions.
In February I was back in the country and soon started working on a website for a customer and fieldwork. February ended with a nice question if I wanted to supervise a project for the part for which Antilleans would be interviewed. The first online course had been successfully completed and on-site training was already planned when the Corona measures came into effect.
Unfortunately, that was not the only project that was postponed or canceled. Suddenly my entire agenda was empty again. Except for three projects. It was shifting gears, but then you pull out all the ideas you ever wanted to do. So I started working on:
- Make my website including the blogs bilingual. That is now completed.
- Preparing to convert my workshops into online training. I will be working on this this week and hope to put them online soon. In any case the first up will be Excel, Word and PowerPoint training.
- Setting up Affilliate and then received a request for Affilliate via mail.
In addition, I have an application for another WordPress website so it would be nice.
Turnover first quarter
First quarter turnover was okay, as I had taken it easy the first month and in March’s Corona measures went into effect and almost everything was canceled. I promised that 1% of first quarter turnover would go to the Food Bank (Voedselbank). So that’s going to happen, unfortunately a lower amount than I had hoped for is going to the Foodbank of Curaçao (Voedselbank Curacao).
Quarter 2 runs from April 1 through June 30 2020. The first month the Corona measures will certainly still be in force, so there is enough time to set up the online courses and affilliate. I hope that the affiliate and online courses will run and that if the measures disappear, my agenda will become fuller again. In any case, I also thought that this quarter 1% of my turnover will go to charity, namely Wegloophuis Utrecht. Hopefully some sales have been made, otherwise it is not much they will get.